This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
where is my all infomation?
where is my all bookmarks?
All Replies (8)
Hit Control+B or go to the firefox menu and click on Bookmarks.
I can access Bookmarks but they are all gone. I downloaded Firefox Add-Ons by mistake and not only were my bookmarks (already saved) gone but my search engine was changed to Firefox Add-Ons. Yikes, what a mess. There were no other choices for Search Engines, only Firefox Add-Ons. I was able to get my Google Search back, but all my saved bookmarks are gone. Also, when looking for my Profile, I cannot open it because it is Json.. Are my saved bookmarks saved somewhere where I can add them back? thx
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
You can check if you have the XML files of the default search engines including Google in the browser\searchplugins folder in the Firefox program folder.
If not then you need to reinstall Firefox.
You can find more search engines on the Mycroft Project website.
After update my firefox I lose all my Bookmarks - Terrible - How I can take them back ??? - Bad service !
Modified by Gerrit Tienkamp
Firefox automatically creates backups of your bookmarks, which can be helpful if your bookmarks are lost or missing. To recover them, follow the instructions below.
- Use one of these methods to open the Bookmarks Library window:
- Click the Firefox button to open the menu and click on Bookmarks.
- Click the Bookmarks menu and click on Show All Bookmarks.
- At the top of the Library window, click the "Import and Backup" menu and select Restore.
- Click the date of the bookmark backup you want to recover.
- In the new window that appears, click OK.
- Your bookmarks from the selected date should now be restored.
For more information, see the Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer article. For other solutions, see the Recover lost or missing Bookmarks article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!