Firefox PDF Viewer Displays Specific PDF Incorrectly
I have a PDF hosted on my website that displays incorrectly when loaded in the FireFox PDF viewer. I would like to simply fix the PDF so that it looks correctly. I understand there are ways to circumvent the PDF viewer, but I have not been able to get any of them to work for me. Is there a style guide or something that can help me fix the PDF so it loads correctly on the website?
Additional System Details
- Version 184.108.40.20640
- Version 220.127.116.1188
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.28
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
It already looks a lot better in the Latest development version, although I still get the notification bar.
Latest development version of the PDF Viewer (pdfjs) as a Firefox extension:
This problem is deadly. I rely on people being able to enter data and return the pdf to me to order work. The viewer fails at everything!!!! I have had to tell clients to USE Internet Exploder! Please change the default back to acrobat until you have the bugs worked out. You have no idea how difficult it is to tell someone to use IE instead of Mozilla! The Solution is below: The fix is at tools/options/applications/pdf viewer reset it to Acrobat!
Modified by danapier
You could try serving PDFs differently to Firefox, namely, push them as downloads. It may be easier to do this with a link to a script (php, asp) than with a link to a PDF. (PHP is easier to debug than, say, Apache .htaccess)