how to place a shortcut on desktop screen to an existing bookmark FOLDER with multiple web links ?
I have many web links AND folders with numerous web links in bookmarks. I want to place a shortcut on my desktop screen to a FOLDER that is in my bookmarks that will have all those existing web links.
Sorry, that isn't possible.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Sorry, that isn't possible.
It is unfortunate that folder shortcuts can't be placed on the desktop from bookmarks. That feature is available in Internet Explorer. Maybe someday someone will invent a method in Firefox.
IE uses a folder structure on disk to store each favorite and folder as a separate file, so needs a lot of disk space.
This will allow to create a link to such a favorite folder.
Firefox stores all bookmarks in an SQLite database file (places.sqlite) and therefore this isn't possible. Your only option would be to place a shortcut to open the Library and use it's search bar.
firefox.exe -chrome chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul
Thank YOU again. I understand now.
Found a solution for my circumstances. I won't give up Firefox.
IE is installed so loaded FF bookmarks into IE then drag desired folder to desktop. Close IE open FF and presto folder is on desktop and now using FF.
I found a solution (sort of) . Create a folder on the desktop and drag each bookmark in the bookmark folder into it. You will have all the bookmarks on the desktop organized into a folder, but you will have to open each one separately.