Why doesn't my emails appear when I go to my webmail, there is no problem when I am on Internet Explorer?
When I try to retrieve my emails from my service provider's webmail (opt.com) the content of the email is missing. I have the headings but nothing for the body of the email. I have tried uninstalling firefox and reinstalling and it has not helped. There is no problem when I am on Internet Explorer. My service provider has checked the webmail and there are no problems. What else can I do to solve this problem?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- npAPI Plugin
- npAPI Ghost Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
I tried starting Firefox in Safe Mode and the problem was still there. The weird thing is that in creating my account for the forum, I had to confirm my email address that was in an email sent to me by Firefox and when I clicked on the email, it displayed correctly...all of the email was visible but that is the only one that is displaying correctly. This is driving me crazy. I have already checked with my webmail provider and there is no problem and if I use IE there is no problem. Help!