HI IM having the same problem as this guy but with firefox 19 and ebay windows 7
windows 7 firefox 19 problem as stated in the link http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/918302 but also when viewing a topic on some websites wont load second topic page, or third, or fourth, just the front one but there is no problem with internet explorer, and my pc has all windows updates installed running on powerful desktop pc, also reinstalled firefox but still the same
Modified by binzy
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
enabled and disabled about everything in firefox but as stated even fresh install dont work
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks for the reply but have tried that and most other things as well, been trying for a week now to solve this myself and as im quite up on pc`s workings but find this niggle a hard one to solve as all the obvious things have been tried, but i did find a solution to the problem with ebay problem that was down to (NORTON VULNERABILITY PROTECTION 184.108.40.206-3) somehow not letting me send a message on ebay after i had entered the correct characters before sending it and getting an error message, by disabling this and rebooting firefox clearing cookies etc i then was able to send out messages
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Just tried it with safe mode but no difference at all, this one has me stumped, as i said tried the obvious stuff i also used hyjack this to see if there was something in the browser that should`nt be but nothing i will have to going inside firefox 19.0.2 (About:config) to see if there is anything obvious in there, but thanks for your help its much appreciated
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
yes they are all updated, we will see when a new version of firefox comes out i will then try a fresh install of that then, as its seems that its some config/compatibility problem somewhere but i will find it eventually