After starting Firefox, the first letter I type will not show. This is not a keyboard problem
I use Windows 7 ultimate. It also occurs when I start-up another browser like Explorer. But it does not occur with other programs like Word or Excel. I have updated Firefox, but this did not help. Something prevents the program to recognize the first typed character. Could it be malware?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 220.127.116.1181
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Sony Reader Application Detector Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
I am not behind the computer that's experiencing the problem right now.
hello, this may well be caused by malware - you're also using an outdated & vulnerable version of firefox and the flash plugin, so please update those...
please run a full scan of your system with the security software already in place and different tools like the free version of malwarebytes, adwcleaner, microsoft safety scanner & kaspersky security scan.
if you cannot solve the issue this way you could also try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering...