Why don't the newer versions of firefox allow me to save my tabs, when closing firefox, like version 3.6.28 did?
The older versions of firefox allow the used to save their tabs when they close firefox. Why don't the newer versions allow it?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, this is now done automatically - therefore firefox won't ask you to do that each time the browser session ends. for more information please refer to: Restore previous session - Configure when Firefox shows your most recent tabs and windows
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the "Browsing History"
- Tools > Options > Privacy: History: [X] Clear history when Firefox closes > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.