When I click the drop down box of the address bar. It will show 'switch to tab' in certain address. I type the address would show the same thing. I could not go to the website directly because it will always goes to tab 1. Any way to fix it?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you try to open the same URL in more than one tab then you may have the "Switch to tab" feature preventing that.
Hold down the Alt or Shift key while an entry in the drop down list is highlighted to disable "Switch to tab" and see the URL of all entries instead.
- Alt + Enter opens the highlighted URL in a new tab.
- Shift + Enter opens the highlighted URL in the current tab.
- Cursor Right copies the highlighted URL to the location bar in case you want to edit it.