The address shows I have a few of the websites I have opened in other tabs but in fact I haven't. How to fix this?
When I click the drop down box of the address bar. It will show 'switch to tab' in certain address. I type the address would show the same thing. I could not go to the website directly because it will always goes to tab 1. Any way to fix it?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- NPTXSSO Dynamic Link Library
- npQQPhotoDrawEx Module
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you try to open the same URL in more than one tab then you may have the "Switch to tab" feature preventing that.
Hold down the Alt or Shift key while an entry in the drop down list is highlighted to disable "Switch to tab" and see the URL of all entries instead.
- Alt + Enter opens the highlighted URL in a new tab.
- Shift + Enter opens the highlighted URL in the current tab.
- Cursor Right copies the highlighted URL to the location bar in case you want to edit it.