My FF on Windows 7 freezes on every page for 3-5 minutes (no kidding). Reinstallation does not solve the problem. Thanks for suggestions!
FF18, Win7 64bit edition. Extremely annoying and basically makes it impossible to use FF completely.
Like others mentioned, the webpages probably contain Flash -- but it is impossible to circumvent this these days.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
- downgrade the Flash player to version 10.3 or 11.2
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.