18.0.2 will not let me check plug-in updates
clicking "tools", "add ons", and check updates does not work
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- Google Update
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, this is an error on the sever-side - there's nothing you can do on your end to solve the problem at the moment. the problem is already known and getting worked upon, hopefully it will get fixed soon...
the site should now work properly again...
The Plugin check part is working fine now, but Firefox ix not checking Extension updates:
by clicking "tools", "add ons", and check Extensions in Firefox 18.0.2, the program shows the phrase "No updates found".
I know this is not the case, because I am using extensions that I have already verified with their maker that there are newer versions released. For example "NoScript" extension. I have installed version 220.127.116.11, and there has been several updates to it already (the latest released version is 18.104.22.168).
Any news on that? Thanks.
hello, those updates are fetched from the addons.mozilla.org page - the noscript version listed there is also still 22.214.171.124 at the moment. updates get reviewed by mozilla and it takes a few days until they get generally distributed (126.96.36.199 was uploaded to the site just yesterday)... so nothing out of the ordinary there that should worry you.