reloading old tabs, opening in a small window
Every time I open firefox, it opens up in a small window on the top, like it only displays the address bar. I have to resize it to do or see anything. It also doesn't restore my previous session, even though it is set to. I can go to file/exit and it will open correctly, but I never have had to before, so something is different. I have been using Firefox for multiple years and this is the only time I have been frustrated with it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck, i cleared cache, history, cookies, etc. Please help
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_38 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.