I reset firefox and know have folder on desktop can I Delete them.
I thought i was having problem with fox stopping a Scrip and asking me if i wonted to continue or stop ... so i reset fox under help know how two folders on desk top can i just delete them...scrip still stop but told not to show err box that it was haveing problem..look like that help the problem i had ...
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 22.214.171.12412
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- NDS Player Plugin
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- BringMeSports Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Old Firefox Settings folder contains accumulated information from prior to your reset. I recommend keeping this folder until after you have re-setup Firefox in case you discover something important missing. For example, if you use Scrapbook to save pages or have stored good/bad site lists in various add-ons, you may not want to start all of that over from scratch.
You can first try some basic steps like these if you have problem on some web pages.
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.