Why does firefox not save my weather locations? I set the location at least five times per day
Firefox will not save my locations for weather. Anytime I close the browser, it opens in an area that I do not reside. I have tried many times to save the weather for zip code 36877 or 36874 after deleting the geographic area that appears. Please do not tell me to open the weather site and add/delete location. I am not a dumb ass, but I am ready to change browsers, as this is seems to be getting worse with upgrades.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- DailyBibleGuide Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- E-centives Coupon Activator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Many attempts have been made to save my zip code with repeated failure. I have deleted the area that shows up many times and added my zip code and saved. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Do a few things here:
Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version your user agent is corrupted, that article will fix it.
Websites look wrong or appear differently than they should try these steps.
and update Firefox Update Firefox to the latest version
Your suggestions are certainly appreciated. After trying these with no success, I uninstalled then reinstalled Mozilla with the same problem. After the reinstall, the steps you suggested were followed again. While I really like Firefox, it may be time to look at other options. Even after following steps to a tee, I have set my default zip code at least 20 times today. Thanks Carky
Such details are stored in a cookie, so make sure that you keep such a cookie.
- Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in Private Browsing mode.
Do not use Clear Recent History to clear the "Cookies" and the "Site Preferences"
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.