Hi somehow sweetpacks decided to get on my computer I have tried removing it but am unsuccessful. I have firefox as my home page but when I type in something it goes to sweetpacks. I can't find anywhere on my computer to remove it. Please can anyone help it is so annoying. Brad
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1682
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
Excellent advice. The last time I had a browser hijacker problem, I wound up having to reset Firefox. The instructions at deletemalware were clear and took care of the problem.