When will Firefox unblock Java
I understand that do to the security issues of Java 7 update 10 that Firefox blocked all Java usage, but since update 11 fixes these issues, when will Firefox unblock Java usage. I have already installed update 11 for java.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Google Update
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
JAVA 7 update 11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
If your java is outdated then its disabled, enable your java plugin
Firefox Menu > Tools > Addons > Plugins
- Enable Java plugin.
Check whether your java is upto date or not.
It says that my plugin is up to date: yet still won't work (ex. pocket-monkey,com & other sites), yet will work on others.
In the article it shows the plug in symbol in the address bar; I don't even see that when I try to enable Java. I really hope they fix all this soon!
FF "announced" that I needed to update/reset. I did so - it killed all (ALL) of my add-ons without telling me it was going to - very aggravating. FF 22 also killed all Java on all sites. I checked the add-ons under tools - according to that, it was enabled. Just in case, I reinstalled the latest Java - still nothing. Now I cannot view any pictures on any site at all, nothing but text.
To avoid confusion:
Clear the cache and the cookies from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.