How do I search from the address bar?
I wish to be able to perform google searches from my address bar. I used to e able to do this but after uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, for speed issues, it no longer works and merely says "sorry we could not find 'search term' ".
I have followed the steps outlined in http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/search-web-address-bar Keyword.enabled is set to true and keyword.URL is set to https://www.google.com/search?q= but it still doesn't work.
Any help is gratefully accepted.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 18.104.22.16812
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Pando Web Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1993
- Unity Player 3.4.1f5
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.