I use Go Daddy Web Mail and FireFox may be preventing me from being able to put text into the subject line when composing an email.
As the question / statement says, When in Firefox, once I've started my webmail application through Go Daddy, I can compose an entire email filling out all the required info. But, when I put the mouse over the 'Subject Line' and click, no cursor appears.
Having walked through this with Go Daddy, they are convinced that it's FireFox because we opened up their webmail with 2 other browsers and both allowed me to plug in a subject line.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2069
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I had this problem too with a GoDaddy email acct; it is a defect in Mozilla Firefox 17, solved by uninstalling the program and reinstalling the previous edition of Firefox 16. Email is working again, subject line is active.
A bug report was filed.