how do I get rid of the "search Here" bar?
Recently, I have found a "search here" bar in the upper part of my firefox window. And what's more is that there is a similar bar for google next to the Navigation bar. It seems a bit redundant to have two of these things. So I want to know how to get rid of them? I've gone through the various forum posts here and none of them have been helpful.
Though I'm wondering if this is part of the new version of Firefox or if this is something else. If it's the latter then I'd like to know how to get rid of it. Please let me know as soon as you can.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Sounds that you have installed an extension that adds the extra toolbar.