Firefox keeps changing from 3.6 to 15
several times a day, Firefox goes from version 15 to 3.6.
I started Firefox this morning and it was 15
I closed Firefox.
I reopened Firefox and it then told me that there was an update to 3.6??
I opened Firefox and it was 3.6.
I closed it and came back later and it was v15 again. Then happens regulary and I am constantly being told that there are updated here and there.
I only have 15 installed. No version 3.6 in Add/Removed programs etc.
This is crazy stuff.
Yesterday, I completely removed all traces of Firefox, I also deleted all Firefox folders.
I reinstalled 15. It worked for the day.
I opened it this morning and 3.6 was back andasking for updates.
Others in my office have similar issues it seems.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Classic Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Netscape and Mozilla
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.5.19
Your user agent indicates you posted here with Firefox 3.5.19.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.5.19
....then add it to list of anomalies?
About Firefox shows 3.6, and then it can change.
Doesn't explain though why firefox keeps changing. thanks