why norton toolbar does not work at firefox 16
i have installed ff16 & i used Norton internet security 2012.but in ff16 Norton toolbar does not work.but it is very important for me.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Picasa plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
hello, symantec seems to only make its extension compatible with release versions of firefox nd doesn't support beta versions of the browser. please download firefox 15.0.1 from getfirefox.com & install it on top of your current version.
Firefox 16.0 is still in early stage on Beta channel at moment as 16.0b2.
When I installed firefox 16 it said that Norton wouldn't work. One time when I open FF the Norton toolbar was there and now it seems to be working on my browser just fine. ODD!
I continue to have this problem, but it seems to only crash on sites that want to populate username and password information. Running Windows 7, FireFox 16 and NIS 2013.2.0.18. I have uninstalled both FireFox and NIS several times, but nothing seems to fix it.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
Modified by cor-el
I am having the same problem,
I have Firefox Version 16.0.2 installed and Norton toolbar 2013.2.0.18 running Windows 7 64bit
Every time i visit a page that needs the details from Norton Vault it Crashes.
What i have tried so far to fix it.
1. I have Uninstalled Norton completely and reinstalled - still crashes 2. I have Uninstalled Mozilla and all Saved Data, then reinstalled - Still Crashes 3. I have Mozilla saved on a different drive, not on the OS drive, Tried reinstalling it on OS Drive - Still Crashes 4. I have also tried the Above, Making a new Profile. - Still Crashes
Modified by hazard987