Please help. I'm so frustrated. I've been searching for hours to try to find out how to update my plugins. I don't know what to do. Where to look...
I am trying to update my plugins, and all I get are useless programs to download or the same site everytime which is completely useless: http://www.currentversionplugin.com/motive-plugin/ So I'm confused we're to keep them up to date yet there's no instructions how. Firefox tells us why, but not how. I'm driving myself nuts running around in circles....I know I shouldn't be. But when one is on a mission :)
You can also go to the Firefox Support Home Page and click the link in the Check Your Plugins box on the right. It will take you to Mozilla's pluginscheck page, where the status of all your plugins are listed, with update buttons.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Taken the advice for eg. the google plugin update is to happen when you update google chrome. Which I did, then all other google products are to be updated as well. This didn't happen.
Click Tools> Add-ons> Plugins. At the top of your list of plugins, click "Check to see if your plugins are up to date". That should do it.
Thank you for your reply but that does not solve it actually. The problem still remains. Half say updated and half say 'Research' in grey, so they are not updated. These are the ones I'd like to update.
You can also go to the Firefox Support Home Page and click the link in the Check Your Plugins box on the right. It will take you to Mozilla's pluginscheck page, where the status of all your plugins are listed, with update buttons.
Thank you ....
So click on the Research button, and it will take you to a Google search page. Research just means that you have to do your own research to see whether there's an update for that Extension. Apparently not every extension notifies Mozilla when an update is available. Half my extensions say Research.
I am having the same problem with my plugin updates. The ones in grey say research and when I click on it, it takes me to a google page that doesn't tell me a thing. I there is no update button.