Cannot Update to the Latest Shockwave Flash
I have never had any problem updating my Shockwave Flash until the latest one, which was just released: 220.127.116.11. I wonder if anyone else has the same problem.
The installation was completed and the Adobe confirmation window appeared. But when I check the version at:
It still showed the old version: 11,2,202,228
I have tried three times and every time the installation was successful and the Adobe confirmation appeared saying the update was installed successfully.
I updated the Adobe Flash Player (18.104.22.168) in IE without any problem.
Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Version 22.214.171.12430
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1994
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Photosynth 2.109.1002.1657
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
The version of my Adobe Flash Player in Chrome is: 11,2,202,229 and Chrome does not let you update it manually, it said Google Chrome will automatically update it when new versions are available, which according to the About Page, is 188.8.131.52 also.
I wonder if I have to wait until Chrome update its Adobe Flash Player before the one in FF will show the correct one, which to me, doesn't make sense.
I went to Adobe forum and found out that if you reboot your system after the update, Firefox will display the correct version. Nobody knows if it's Firefox or Adobe problem because it should not be necessary to reboot the system after a simple update like that. But that's the solution.