how can I get rid of funmodes search?
Even though I have set google to be my home page using tools/options/general, it resets to funmodes search. How can I stop it?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Make sure no Add-ons are resetting your settings.
Sometimes Toolbars can take over the homepage.
- Safe Mode
- Run Safe Mode to disable all Toolbars/Add-ons
- Set your preferred Homepage, Then restart in safemode again to see if your preferred homepage saves
Also Refer to this Article for more information:
If all else fails read here: are not saved Preferences are not saved
Modified by iMarshmellow
Thanks. I also ran Microsoft's Safety Scanner, at www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/ - I ran it in deep scan and it found 5 items of malware including a Trojan Horse that captured the tool bar, and it got rid of them.