I cannot get my computer to upgrade to 9.0 Firefox
When I open my 3.6 Firefox, it asks if I would like to upgrade. I say yes, and click the upgrade button. Everything appears to load ok. Then I get a screen to clear items shown. I clear, and there is no indication that it did not load. I can reboot the computer, and nothing has changed. Still have the old version. I have Windows XP Professional.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You should take a look at the Knowledge Base article Update Firefox to the latest version. There is a lot of good information in there and some troubleshooting steps as well.
If that doesn't work, you might want to try installing a fresh copy of Firefox:
I would suggest that you first back up your personal information and bookmarks, just in case. You can find details in the article Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Hopefully this helps!