keep getting this msg: AVG HAS DETECTED A HIGH MEMORY USAGE BY FIREFOX--TOTAL MEMORY; 292 MB. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CLEAR THIS
see question above and help me please... it's slowing down my computer.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
2 weeks ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
tried reloading firefox--same thing happened.
The figure may not necessarily be high depending what you are doing with firefox. Do you know how much RAM is installed on your computer ?
The report is apparently being generated by AVG software, you will need to consult the AVG manual or its faq/site/forum if you want to turn off such notifications.
Note if you go to about:memory in the firefox location bar it will generate a report that you may find useful. See also Firefox uses too much memory (RAM) - How to fix
Please refer to https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/900255 for a solution to this "problem".
Hope it helps.