downloads won't open after they are done downloading
every time i download something it will not open . i can keep downloading it but it still will not open.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
since i started using firefox
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Downloads won't open after they are done downloading
Actually now they are supposed to open during download with a slight delay so that if they are really short it doesn't open. When the download is complete the downloads window closes. That is by default. You can open the downloads with Ctrl+J and I don't see any menu item for that -- just in case that is what what you actually meant for "won't open".
Note there are two options the first must be check-marked and the second not check-marked for old behavior.
Tools > Options > General
- [X] Show the Downloads window when downloading a file
- [_] Close it when all downloads are finished
To view the Downloads window at anytime use "Ctrl+J"
- More complete list (Windows oriented) see key at top to help with Mac/Linux
Please mark "Solved" one answer that will best help others with a similar problem -- hope this was it.
Downloads not visible in Download Manager - MozillaZine Knowledge Base http://kb.mozillazine.org/Downloads_not_visible_in_Download_Manager
Same issue. The response doesn't apply to what's happening here. It's not that they aren't visible. I can view and open the containing folder while I am downloading a file. But as soon as the file completes it is removed and I am unable to view the location or run the program. Some files will still show the view file folder but it will take me to my documents where there is no file. If I look under my location where all downloads go the file is no longer there. After it is downloaded I also cannot open the file from the download list. But my files always show in the download list. They are just gone. This happened in 8.0 then I completely removed firefox and restarted then installed 9.0. Still having the same problem.
Modified by infinite15