This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox opens all links in a new window
I am using Firefox 4.0.1. I have checked the settings on my browser under Tools / Options / Tabs and "open new windows in tabs" is set. However, whenever I click on a link on a website, Firefox opens the link in a new window. This occurs even if I right click on the link and choose the option to open the link in a new tab instead of a new window.
This behavior began just recently. To the best of my knowledge, none of the add-ons have updated recently.
All Replies (1)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
In Firefox 4 you can use one of these to start in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode:
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Hold down the Shift key while double clicking the Firefox desktop shortcut (Windows)