This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I go to JoyceMeyer.org to watch a vido I get this as a mesage "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtmp) isn't associated with any program." What's the matter?
I went to JoyceMeyer.org to watch her broadcast, but I got the following message:
Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtmp) isn't associated with any program.
How can this be fixed?
All Replies (4)
I have the problem too. Running in Safe Mode doesn't make any difference.
It appears to be an MP4 file, but I don't see that format in the Applications list (Firefox button, then Options | Options | Applications). I changed it in Win XP to open with Quicktime, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
I will try to find a way to add the MIME type to the menu and will update this thread later today.
Thanks for the info, but so far I don't know how it's helpful.
OK, here's what you have to do to get this to work.
- Open Windows Explorer and at the top, click Tools and choose Folder Options from the menu.
- Click the File Types tab and scroll down to MP4.
- Click the button called Change and in the next menu, choose Quicktime Player (see screenshot).
- Click Apply/OK.
- Next, open Firefox and in the location bar at the top, type: about:config and hit Enter.
- In the filter at the top, copy/paste the following: network.protocol-handler.expose.mp4 This will result in a blank page appearing but this is intentional.
- Right click anywhere in the blank area and choose, New then Boolean.
- Copy/paste: network.protocol-handler.expose.mp4 into the dialog box and click OK.
- In the next menu, choose False.
- Close the tab and go to the site. The video should now play correctly.
Modified by Xircal
In my window explore in folder option I could not find m4 file option. I have other mp4 p, v but not extansion what you had mention
So how can I add the same.