What is the plug-in for media player for wondows 7 ?
my local TV station says that I need a media player add-on and it only list apps for xp and vista I have windows 7 what do I need?
Additional System Details
- Adobe ESD Version Manager 2.0
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Google Update
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Is it looking for the Windows Media Player? The default installation of WMP does not include the Firefox plugin. There is a WMP plugin created by Microsoft for Firefox, but the standard WMP plugin installer from Microsoft is for Windows XP and Vista, though you can run the installer on Windows 7 it installs the plugin in a location that Firefox 4 will not find.
One way to get around this is to install the HTML5 Extension for Windows Media Player Firefox Plug-in available from http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/html5-extension-for-wmp-plugin
That add-on will do 2 things, it will install the WMP plugin in a location that Firefox 4 on Windows 7 can find, it will also add an extension to add extra features for use by the Windows Media Player. This extension has been reported as causing memory leaks so I recommend that once you install the HTML5 Extension for Windows Media Player Firefox Plug-in you should restart Firefox then uninstall the extension. Uninstalling the extension will not remove the plugin, so Firefox 4 will still be able to use it.