Can't view webcam... Swann brand...asking for dvrocx.cab to download but Firefox cannot find
trying to view webcams online - Swann brand. When entering dydns website to route to my dynamic router, firefox says needs to download dvrocx.cab but it cannot find...and nothing works.
It works fine in IE browser...not sure why Firefox has issue...
Additional System Details
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
The solution is simple here. Go to your page that views the webcam. Right click the webpage window, in the pop up box click settings, on the bottom of the settings screen are tabs, click the far left one, uncheck the box that says enable hardware acceleration.
Let me know if you have any other questions.......
doesn't work for me. Any other ideas?
That is direction for Internet Explorer Browser, not Firefox?
There must be something out there to access cams from Firefox? I added the IE TAB add-on but doesn't seem to work either. Any other ideas?