In Tools, what is the use of "Overrride automatic cache management"?
I encounter problems opening new sessions with my bank's online account management service; there is a complicated process by which I can correct that, involving restarting the Firefox browser, but I would like to explore the 'cache' in order to avoid a recurring problem with the above.
I think the easiest thing for you to do is to hit CTRL+SHIFT+P before you go to your banking site. This will enable Private Browsing mode temporarily. Private Browsing means that no files will be held in cache until you close and then restart Firefox.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I use WINDOWS xp2 on a tabletop.
Overriding the default means you can specify the amount of storage used instead allowing Firefox to manage it. See Offline storage
Thanx ! Now I know that overriding the cache process will unfortunately not help me solve the basic problem : it seems the cache clearing is too radical after the use of that bank account system; I don't even know if the problem is with the new version of Firefox or my bank's system. Thank you again
Modified by firstname.lastname@example.org
I think the easiest thing for you to do is to hit CTRL+SHIFT+P before you go to your banking site. This will enable Private Browsing mode temporarily. Private Browsing means that no files will be held in cache until you close and then restart Firefox.