The add-on window keeps automatically popping up every time I start Firefox. How do I stop this?
Every time I start Firefox, I get an add-on window with current updates. I don't want this to happen . It just started within the last week or so.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- MasteryNet Course Player for Mozilla (NPAPI) v2.506
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Picasa plugin
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_12 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
This can also be a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (extensions.sqlite, extensions.rdf, extensions.cache, extensions.ini) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry. New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_install_themes_or_extensions
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the "Find Updates" button (Firefox 4: click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar) to do a compatibility check.