How do I disable My Web Search and replace with Google? It is a TERRIBLE search program and I can't disable it from my menu bar
Almost any time I try to do a search I would do in google, this TERRIBLE program gives an "oops" or "unable to find" message, but almost always is a waste. HOW do I remove it from my toolbar?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I used to have Google on my toolbar and THIS popped up a couple of weeks ago
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
This is Jason with Mindspark Interactive Network Customer Support.
I have reviewed your system details and it appears as though you do not have the My Web Search toolbar installed.
I believe your issue stems from your search queries being redirected.
To resolve this first I would like you to click the down arrow of the search box in the upper right hand corner. Confirm here that My Web Search has not been set as your default search. If it was your default search simply click Google in the drop down menu.
If this does not resolve your issue it may be because your browsers search settings were not reset when you uninstalled the My Web Search toolbar.
Please follow the instructions on our FAQ page: http://smileycentral.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3847/kw/search%20redirect
If you need further assistance please email us at: email@example.com