When I am trying to enter a password for a given site, when using the shift key for password characters, Firefox pops up a prompt and ignores keyboard input.
Even when I was trying to create a password for this support ticket, when I tried to use numeric characters, the system would not accept them.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to Firefox 4.0
- 20-20 3D Viewer - Mozilla Plug-In v184.108.40.206
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.15.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.