With Firefox, I cannot simply copy & paste a hyperlink into an email, a reply to an article, or any other place in the browser. This is so frustrating and may make me switch to Chrome. Can someone please help me FIX this? Thanks!
I don't want to have to click on some icon (like the one shown above with a chain link) to do this. I hate to say it, but all this was so simple using IE7. you see a link you want to send someone, you copy and paste it, and you are done. in firefox, it is such a friggin pain. Why? I really like the browser, but I use this function so often and it is so frustrating that I am seriously considering switching to google's chrome. Please help me fix this, and fix it such that anyone switching to firefox doesn't go through the same ordeal that I have been experiencing. Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from someone out there with a *FIX*!'bold text'
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
As soon as I switched to Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I am running XP on an ACER TravelMate 2480.
firefox is 3.6.13
*Never* had problems with copy & pasting hyperlinks before.
Now, there is no underline, and there is no blue, and the hot link is a dead link. Here, let me try one now:
see - it is dead!!
- Make Link - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/142
Modified by cor-el
was the "Make Link" add-on you posted supposed to fix the problem? i downloaded it, but i don't know where the "context menu" is that is supposed to help me. how to i view this context window now that i have downloaded the add-on?
ok, i finally figured out what was meant by "context menu". this is the menu that pops up when i right click within the browser. however, i have gotten the "make link" to work only once (the first time) using this add-on. i guess i'll keep playing with it til i can get it to work. i can't believe something so simple as copying and pasting a link is causing me so much grief.