I have the latest Adobe flash player installed but it does not show up in my add-ons or plug-ins on Firefox 3.6. In the plug-in check, it recognizes that the shockwave flash is up to date. How can I have the plug-in appear and be enabled on firefox?
I have uninstalled the flash player and installed it numerous times with no recognition by the Firefox plug-ins. I also have uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it as well. I have also restarted my computer several times as well. The flash player is certainly installed but not working on Firefox. Thanks in advance for your help.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
More system details... > Installed Plugins next to your posting, for the browser you used here, shows that you have Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 installed and enabled.
Does it show as being installed and working here?
I was out all day and just got home to see that it now is working. I don't know how it fixed itself because I did try to restart my computer yesterday with no success. I guess it was just a crazy glitch or something.
Thank you for your reply! I will keep your suggestions in mind and post in case it occurs again.
This has happened again to my flashplayer. I realize that it is happening after I use the VAIO Care on my computer that updates my vaio and windows along with defragging and cleaning my disk and registry. Last time it started to work again overnight.
I just wanted to let any other users know that one of the functions I did to my computer may be causing this problem for them as well.
I have same problem with Firefox 4.0b10. I have the Shockwave Flash 10.1 R102 installed as a plugin.
You have a different problem. Your screenshot shows "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed".
See Send plugin crash reports to help Mozilla improve Firefox and Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again. If you need more help you should ask a new question (start a new thread).