Cannot 'shrink' screen size
I cannot reduce the size of the screen or split it so I can have two items up at same time.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I temporarily changed my home page two days ago.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
I cannot find how to start Firefox in Safe Mode. I opened All Programs, then Firefox but there was no Safe Mode option.
Firefox windows work generally the same way as other windows, which is that you can only resize them when they are in a restored state, not when they are maximized. Use the center button of the three at the upper right of the window frame to toggle between restored and maximized.
If you are in full screen mode, floating over the upper right corner for a few moments should make the buttons appear.
If you cannot see the lower right corner of the window frame because your window is too big, you can copy the following script and paste it into your location bar and press enter to resize the window to a smaller size.
Modified by jscher2000
Thank You so very much. I had thught of clicking on the large screen icon in the upper right corner but did not do so since my screen was already large.
I am internet savvy but not computer tech savvy. I am a woman almost 79 so do the best I can. I know to post queries for help and that people like you will respond.
There is currently a bug here. The center button has stopped working. The center button will minimize and there is no way to resize the window.
This only happened from yesterday after an update.
My browser crashed, I reinstalled and it still won't work.
Hi redlake2, what happens if you try the script I posted above? It should reduce the Firefox window to 25% of the screen so you can move and resize it. If you don't have the handy grab handle on the lower right, check View > Status Bar to restore it. Does that help?
You can also look at Fox Splitter (formerly Split Browser): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4287
For that script to work you need to allow:
You can try to resize the minimized screen via the system menu (Alt + Space)
Modified by cor-el