Firefox will not remember login information
Firefox does not seem to be remembering usernames and passwords on sites. I input my information, and check the box that says "stay signed in". It works until I exit Firefox. When I open it back up, I have to input all my info again. This is happening on all websites that require I sign in. I have tried clearing cookies/cache, adding in exceptions to always allow cookies for certain sites, have it set to keep cookies until they expire, have cleared internet history...nothing is working. Examples of websites this is happening on: hotmail, gmail, livejournal, wordpress, twitter, facebook, goodreads, etc. Any idea of what's happening and how to fix it?
Every time Firefox opened
== two days ago, for no discernable reason
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Windows 7 Starter
- The selection of websites remembering you and automatically log you in is stored in a cookie.
- You must allow that cookie: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Exceptions"
- Make sure that you do not use Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox to clear the "Cookies" and the "Site Preferences"
I had allowed cookies for all the sites I need before I posted my original question but thank you. It's still not working; nothing is. Could there be any reason besides cookies that this is happening?
I had this problem and have just worked out a fix (for me anyway). Go to options>privacy>'clear history when Firefox closes'. Click through for options and untick 'cookies' and 'active logins'.Firefox should now keep you logged in when you quit and restart. Hope this helps