How to disable Adobe Flash protected mode in Firefox 64 bit version & win 10
I don't want to have to activate adobe flash each time I need to use it but cannot find the option to keep it active in the add on's menu. It's very inconvenient that it has been removed. It should be the Users choice if they wish to take the risk. Is there a work around for this other than a different browser please?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/support-forum-contributors/713656 Users complaining of removing Always Allow for flash player
Clicking "Allow" on the permission dropdown will allow flash until the browser is shut down in Firefox 70 and later.
Note that Flash Protected Mode is different than "Ask to Activate" and "Always Activate" (the latter is no longer possible).
There are ways of allowing Flash to remain activated, but it's highly discouraged due to the enormous number of security flaws Flash suffers from (other browsers such as Chrome have disabled it by default now as well).
To do so:
- enter "about:config" into your address bar (without quotes) and hit enter
- read/accept the warning
- in the search bar type "plugin.state.flash" (no quotes)
- it'll be be set to "1". click on the pencil icon and replace the 1 with a 2, then click the check mark to save
- restart Firefox to enable the changes
Note: I have not personally tried this but from what I've read, you may still be prompted for each new site you visit that uses Flash but will just need to enable it that one time for each site.
Modified by d.mattera
You can use the policies.json file to allow Flash.