firefox keeps wanting safe mode and or loading a profile after refreshing
Lately after the latest update half the time when i launch firefox it comes up with this do you wish to start in safe mode or refresh...if i pick refresh it sits..grinds on it then gives the unable thing and that window pops up to pick a profile....i clik that...it tries to refresh...fails then i try again and it works.
Anyone got a clue how to fix this?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- PlayNow Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove your Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. This process does not remove your Firefox profile data (such as bookmarks and passwords), since that information is stored in a different location.
To do a clean reinstall of Firefox, please follow these steps: Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Did this help? Let us know.