The Best of Yahoo on Firefox, get Extension pops up every time I start Firefox. How can I get rid of this?
If I select "cancel", it still comes up next time I open Firefox. Blocking Pop-ups doesn't help, either.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- NMP Browser Plugin 2.24.2
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Sony Reader Application Detector Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the extensions.* files (e.g. extensions.json, extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled or not compatible extensions in "Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left end of the Search bar to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also delete possible addons.json and addons.sqlite files.
You can also check for problems with preferences.