restored my computer with no back up can I get my bookmarks back?
Hello I had to restore my computer due to errors occurring and I done it without doing a back up purposely,now I reinstalled Firefox and noticed all my bookmarks are gone which I expected but still wondering is there anyway I can get these back without any back up folder on my laptop ie is there a back up on you're servers or something? thanks Aine
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- Intel AppUp Hyperlink Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Only if they were backed up or copied somewhere.
Check the instructions of what restored your computer. Sometimes they save old data someplace.
Before doing something as this, one should backup everything that should be saved. Like an external hard drive or web service.
well I had no other choice to restore my computer as windows 10 corrupted my files I just thought Firefox would of stored bookmarks on their servers like other company's.
If you were using Firefox Sync, you might have been able to recover your bookmarks via Sync. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/access-mozilla-services-firefox-accounts
You can check if there is a C:\Windows.old folder