Privacy and security settings
Keep your information safe with password and security settings
- Passwords, forms and search
- Remote Content in Messages This page explains the privacy implications of allowing remote content like images to be displayed in email messages.
- Protect your Thunderbird passwords with a Master Password Make Thunderbird require you to enter a master password in order to view or use passwords you've told Thunderbird to remember.
- Digitally Signing and Encrypting Messages This tutorial explains how to set up Thunderbird to digitally sign, encrypt and decrypt messages in order to make them secure.
- Why does Thunderbird warn me that my server doesn't use encryption? This article explains why Thunderbird displays a warning if you set up an account which doesn't use encryption in order to protect your connection.
- Configuring Certificates "Certificates" are the digital equivalent of identity cards. Certificates are configured on the Advanced panel in the Thunderbird preferences.
- Configuration Options for Security This page describes Thunderbird's configuration options that affect your email security.