Install, Migrate and Update
How to install and keep Thunderbird up to date
- Thunderbird versions and languages
- Copy your personal information from one Thunderbird to another
- New in Thunderbird 52.0 This article describes the major changes in Thunderbird version 52.0 released in April 2017.
- New in Thunderbird 45.0 This article describes the major changes in Thunderbird version 45.0 released in April 2016.
- What is the Mozilla Maintenance Service? Firefox and Thunderbird install Mozilla Maintenance Service to allow seamless background updates. Learn how it works and how to disable or remove it.
- Profiles - Where Thunderbird stores your messages and other user data Thunderbird saves personal information such as messages, passwords and user preferences in a set of files called a "profile".
- Your hardware is no longer supported by Thunderbird On computers with processors older than Pentium 4, Thunderbird is no longer supported as of version 52.
- Configuration Options for Updates This page describes Thunderbird's configuration options for updating your system.
- How can I get the latest version of Thunderbird on Windows XP or Vista? How to update to the latest version of Thunderbird on Windows XP and Vista.
- Switching to Thunderbird This article explains how you can switch to Thunderbird from your current mail application, such as Windows Mail, Outlook or also Mail on Mac OS and Evolution on Linux.