Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Ανοικτό

why can't i attach files to sent email?

rrwcpapc

I can't attach files to sent email, can you help fix this?

I can't attach files to sent email, can you help fix this?

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (7)

Please describe in more detail what happens when you try to attach a file.

You may be seeing a recently discovered bug - the symptom is that if you previously attached a file, but the previous folder no longer exists because it was deleted or renamed, when you later try to attach a file using the Write window's "Attach" button, it will silently fail. That is, clicking the button will appear to do nothing. The bug should be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, a workaround is to drag-and-drop the file onto the Write window.

Or, if you don't mind changing Thunderbird's Advanced Settings:

- In the settings > general > advanced settings interface, search for: "mail.compose.attach.dir".

- The value (path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:).

- Close and exit Thunderbird, then restart it.

I didn't move any files. When I click on attachments, nothing happens. If I use google, attaching is not an issue. I prefer to use Thunderbird. Thanks, Ron

Did you try the drag-and-drop method I described above?

Drag and drop worked. Selecting Attach file does not open file selection window.

NO such option in General Settings --- "advanced settings interface"

Its a known issue going round I think its due to UI not being updated at some point

Daniel Koontz said

NO such option in General Settings --- "advanced settings interface"

It's called "Config Editor".

Υποβολή ερώτησης

Πρέπει να συνδεθείτε στον λογαριασμό σας για να απαντήσετε σε δημοσιεύσεις. Ξεκινήστε μια νέα ερώτηση εάν δεν διαθέτετε ακόμα λογαριασμό.