On certain domain, firefox stop loading the page for a while
This bug occurs very randomly, but it seems there have few things in common.
- Occurring on domain level, one domain at once. For example, if Youtube.com stuck, any sub address including each video page is not loaded. Other website and whole browser works fine. - Other program on same PC is not affected, too. - Which page is stop loading is completely random. It might be happen only on a popular, feature-rich site like amazon, google, but not sure. - The timing is also random. Maybe after waking PC up from sleep, but not sure. Frequency of occurrence is once every 1~5 days. - The workaround without restarting browser is 1.)switching to other container tabs(strangely), 2.)opening website on private window. Disabling all the addon manually didn't help.
Since it's randomness, I didn't have any logs about this issue.
Τροποποιήθηκε στις από το χρήστη bleepblopp
Όλες οι απαντήσεις (6)
Did you disable all Addon when going to Youtube. If there is a problem try using Private Mode and see what happens with Addon Disabled.
Is there any update for this? I can load same page using Google chrome. Once it got stuck, Stop loading/reloading page and close the tab and open in new one doesn't work. It's really infuriating.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration or userChrome.css is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Themes
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Troubleshoot Mode start window
I run firefox browser for few days in Trubleshoot mode, turning off hardware acceleration, and disable userChrome.css but stucking still happens. I also checked task manager on my PC and no other programs are using network bandwidth. This time I can open the page on Chrome, too. I tried tweaking security setting on firefox didn't solve the problem.
I mildly(and wildly) guessing that only google-related website(youtube, google map is the website that I experienced stucking) is being affected.
Are you using a proxy or VPN?
You can check the connection settings.
- Settings -> General -> Network: Connection -> Settings
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then try to select "No Proxy" if "Use the system proxy settings" or one of the others do not work properly.
See "Firefox connection settings":
This could also be a problem with the TLS 1.3 Early Data feature also known as Zero Round Trip Time Resumption (0rtt). You can try to set security.tls.enable_0rtt_data = false on the about:config page to disable this feature until this is fixed by Google or Mozilla to see if that helps.
- /questions/1376015 Issue with most Google sites on Firefox v100 64bit
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. Clear cookies the button to "Accept the Risk and Continue".