Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Αυτό το νήμα αρχειοθετήθηκε. Κάντε νέα ερώτηση αν χρειάζεστε βοήθεια.
Αρχειοθετήθηκε

Firefox uses a wrong account for my passwords that I cannot change

Ireneinfirefox

When I want to see the passwords Firefox has stored I have to log in with my account. I made an account with the email adress I normally use (address 1). But that is not the account / email address that I have to fill when I want to see the password. It is a MS email address I had to make for MS but never use (address 2). I cannot change or remove that address (2) as it does not show when I go to Account settings. Then just the account with the address 1 shows. Any tip how to deal with that?

When I want to see the passwords Firefox has stored I have to log in with my account. I made an account with the email adress I normally use (address 1). But that is not the account / email address that I have to fill when I want to see the password. It is a MS email address I had to make for MS but never use (address 2). I cannot change or remove that address (2) as it does not show when I go to Account settings. Then just the account with the address 1 shows. Any tip how to deal with that?

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (1)

Hello   Ireneinfirefox,

Would you please take a look at this article   (it will explain what is happening):

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/lockwise-password-authentication-prompt

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In case you want to disable this feature :

Type in the address bar   about:config   and press Enter.
(ignore the warning)

Type in the search bar and look for the preference :

signon.management.page.os-auth.enabled

Change its value to   false.

Then close and restart Firefox.

(this preference may be removed sometime in the near future )