Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Αυτό το νήμα αρχειοθετήθηκε. Κάντε νέα ερώτηση αν χρειάζεστε βοήθεια.
Αρχειοθετήθηκε

i need an add on for hp printer recognition. what do I use?

garysplc

not too long ago my computer did an automatic update. it will no longer recognize my hp printer. I get an error message saying that the printer cant be found. I have a dv7-3080 notebook. its running windows 10 and i use firefox. The printer is an Hp wireless officejet 6500.

not too long ago my computer did an automatic update. it will no longer recognize my hp printer. I get an error message saying that the printer cant be found. I have a dv7-3080 notebook. its running windows 10 and i use firefox. The printer is an Hp wireless officejet 6500.

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (2)

When you call up Firefox's Print dialog (for example, by pressing Ctrl+p) there should be a drop-down at the top which lets you choose among all the printers set up in Windows. You shouldn't need a special add-on of any kind to use those printers.

Is there a problem with that list, or can you not even display the Print dialog at all?

Also, here's the general support article for printing problems: Fix printing problems in Firefox.

Also, in case your Windows update was so major that it removed the HP printer software, you may need to reinstall it from the original CD or you probably can download it from HP.

I'm not sure if this is the correct model, but it looked close...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-6500-All-in-One-Printer-series---E7/3795309/model/3795393