Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Yahoo Emails are not received any more in Thunderbird since 2 weeks, OAuth2 had worked before since March 2026

wasser7777mann

Hi, I'm using Thunderbird for Yahoo Emails since many years (it's great!).

In March/April 2026 I changed the Server Settings (authent. method) to OAuth2, it has worked properly.

But since 23.9.2026 I cannot receive Emails in Thunderbird any more (only for the Yahoo account, I have another Email Account working properly in Thunderbird). Bottom text is "Message 1 of 33 will be downloaded", but nothing is downloaded after severals minutes.

My Yahoo Account in the Firefox Browser works properly, its ONLY Thunderbird (and probably OAuth2?). I have removed my Oauth2 Password in saved password of Thunderbird and generated a new one, but that does not help.

So if this issue cannot be solved, I will use another Email Program instead of Thunderbird!

Kind regards Soenke

Hi, I'm using Thunderbird for Yahoo Emails since many years (it's great!). In March/April 2026 I changed the Server Settings (authent. method) to OAuth2, it has worked properly. But since 23.9.2026 I cannot receive Emails in Thunderbird any more (only for the Yahoo account, I have another Email Account working properly in Thunderbird). Bottom text is "Message 1 of 33 will be downloaded", but nothing is downloaded after severals minutes. My Yahoo Account in the Firefox Browser works properly, its ONLY Thunderbird (and probably OAuth2?). I have removed my Oauth2 Password in saved password of Thunderbird and generated a new one, but that does not help. So if this issue cannot be solved, I will use another Email Program instead of Thunderbird! Kind regards Soenke

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.